Before you start:
- Register an account with your chosen survey website. This should be as easy as choosing a user name and password. No money should change hands
- Follow the help guidelines and familiarise yourself with the process from start to finish
- Review the pricing options - a free version may suit you. If not, decide on a starting payment plan depending on your level of use - it’s likely you can upgrade at any time
Now you’re ready to create…
- Define your objectives: What will be the focus of your survey.
- Work backwards: Once you’ve established your objectives, determine the information you wish to gather.
- Check for bias: Make sure you’re not asking leading questions or offering biased multi-choice answers. This will only lead to inaccurate feedback or annoy your customers.
- Test-drive your survey: Engage an independent party to test it - they’ll let you know if your questions and response options are understandable and logical.
- Collect your results and analyse the data: As data rolls in from your survey you should gain an accurate client insight and important future direction for your business.